National Good Neighbor Day
September 28th we celebrate National Good Neighbor Day! Never heard of it? Started in the 70’s, it became a national holiday in 2004.
There are loads of things one can do to celebrate National Good Neighbor Day!
Go for a walk and bring a small trash bag to pick up trash along the sidewalk.
• Use sidewalk chalk to write an inspiring message on the sidewalk in front of your home.
• If you play a musical instrument, do a front porch concert in the evening.
• Make a double batch of the cookies you’re baking and bring some to a neighbor.
• Give a neighbor a book you think they would like.
• “Pop” in on your neighbors and drop off an encouraging note and popcorn.
• Write a letter of encouragement to a neighbor you know is having a hard time.
• Host neighborhood chats in lawn chairs on the driveway.
• Host a morning “donuts on the driveway” event.
Good neighbors make great neighborhoods!