Join Our Mission – Volunteer Opportunities Await!
Are you looking for a way to make a meaningful impact on your community? Well, look no further! We are excited to invite you to be part of our incredible mission, where we are dedicated to putting ten families into safe, stable housing every year. Since May, we’ve made great progress at Poling Gardens, with three houses now under a roof and two more foundations poured, but we need your help to stay on track.
We have several critical areas where we’re seeking volunteers and crew leaders who are passionate about making a difference in the lives of local families.
If you’re ready to step up and lend a helping hand, read on to see where you can contribute:
1. Interior Wall Lead & Interior Wall Volunteer
2. Tile Setter
3. Handi Siding Installer
- Join our fantastic crew to help us with light, above-ground-level work that’s incredibly rewarding.
4. Soffit & Fascia Installers
- Be part of a team responsible for installing soffit and fascia materials along the edges of the roof.
5. Interior Trim Installer
- Help install interior doors, baseboards, and trim in various areas.
6. Cabinet Installer
- Join us in installing kitchen and bathroom cabinets and vanities.
7. Interior Touch-Up Painter
- Assist in painting ceilings, walls, and doors/trim after the installation of materials.
- The more painters we have, the more we can accomplish.
8. Landscape Crew Leader
- Lead volunteers in landscaping tasks, including setting drainage grades, laying sod, planting landscapes, and installing ground cover.
9. Recycle House Crew Member
- We’re looking for volunteers interested in a variety of tasks related to extensive remodeling work on our houses.
- You can learn valuable skills that can also benefit your own home projects.
10. Recycle House Crew Leader
- Take on a leadership role, working alongside other volunteers, and receive support and materials to get the job done effectively.
11. Other Leadership Opportunities
- If you have expertise and passion in a specific area, consider becoming a crew leader.
- We’re in need of leadership in every area and will provide you with a special Yellow t-shirt for a Crew Leader or a Blue t-shirt for a Site Leader.
12. Site Care Volunteers
- Help us maintain our properties by keeping weeds at bay.
- We have the equipment, but we need volunteers to operate it.
We encourage you to seriously consider joining our mission. Your support is invaluable to us as we continue our work to provide housing for families in our area.
If you have any questions or are interesting in joining out lovely team of construction volunteers, don’t hesitate to reach out to our Volunteer Coordinator, Barbara Slater at firstname.lastname@example.org or (941)748-9100 ext. 110. We’re counting on you to make a difference!