Critical Home Repair Team Members
The Manatee County Habitat for Humanity Critical Home Repair Program Team needs additional volunteers. Our typical projects involve replacing soffit/facia, windows, exterior doors, interior doors, floors, bathroom upgrades, painting exterior of houses, decks, and ADA compliant ramps.
Volunteers do not need to be experts in any of these activities, but rather have the ability and willingness to learn the technical skills necessary to complete the projects. The prerequisites for this position are as follows:
- Desire to be part of a team that provides needed repair services to existing homeowners who lack the funds or ability to keep their homes healthy, safe, and secure
- Basic knowledge of proper tool usage and construction practices
- Takes direction well
- Ability to think outside the ox and problem solving
- Works well in a team environment
- Able to work outside in hot and humid weather
- Able to lift objects up to 50 lbs.
- Willingness to learn new skills
For information on participating with the critical home repair team please contact Barb Slater at email@example.com