Thank you for your inquiry for Manatee Habitat. Please review the income guidelines in the chart below – the number to the left refers to household size. Example, if you have 3 people in your household and you have an annual income of $30,000 – you don’t meet the income criteria because the minimum income for 3 people in household is $34,450. We look at your gross annual income (before taxes). You can include child support if you receive regularly and it can be verified.
In order for you to see if you meet some of the criteria for Homeownership, please review the information below.
In determining whether you qualify to purchase a home through Manatee County Habitat for Humanity – we will also consider the following:
- Your family’s present need for adequate shelter, as reflected by the condition and size of your present living facilities, and any special needs you may have.
- Your family’s total monthly income, which must fall within certain guidelines. You have to be working in your current job for at least 1 year. Verifiable income for at least 2 years.
- Your ability to pay a monthly mortgage payment as well as utility and maintenance costs for your house and other current debts.
- Your willingness to become a “partner” in the process of building your house and learning how to care for it. All approved applicants are required to contribute 300 – 500 hours of labor (called “sweat equity hours”) to Habitat activities.
- Have savings of $2500.00 ($2000 placed in an escrow account held by Manatee County Habitat for Humanity) $500 emergency savings fund.
Candidates for home ownership must meet the following requirements:
Applicant must be at least 21 years old.
Have lived in Manatee County for at least 1 year. NOT A HOMEOWN
Have verifiable income that meets Habitat criteria (see chart).
Applicant and co-applicant are either a U.S. citizen or a legal resident alien.
Applicant and co-applicant have not filed for bankruptcy in the last three years.
No one in household is a registered sex offender
Ability to pass a background check.
No one in household is affiliated with a gang
Applicants have less than $1,200 in non-medical collections, charged off credit accounts or judgments. This includes defaulted student loans. Must pay off all outstanding bad debts 60 days before closing. If you need to review your credit – you can do so for free at: https://www.annualcreditreport.com/index.action
Applicant pays income taxes on all income and file an annual federal tax return.
If you meet this criteria, Please respond to this email letting me know 1) The total monthly income and from what sources for your household. 2) The number of adults and their ages and if there is a couple. 3) the number of children, their genders and ages.
You may be placed on a waiting list and you may be contacted within the next 12 months for a phone interview. Please let me know if you are a Veteran with an honorable discharge. Thank you and stay safe.