Director of Development
- Lead fundraising efforts of the affiliate in alignment with its mission and guiding principles to achieve annual fundraising goals for affiliate’s strategic plan; establish short- and long-range goals for soliciting and acquiring funds; provide leadership in identifying new sources of revenue for organization. Provide staff leadership and support for the Board Resource Development Committee and all board development efforts.
- Major Donor Cultivation – Analyze current programs and fundraising activities, initiate, and generate new programs and ideas. Work with the staff and Board to cultivate and increase the gifts of current donors and the overall number of donors; coordinate prospect research. Work on special giving and sponsorship programs i.e. Faith Build, Veteran’s Build.
- Corporate Relations – Work with CEO and Board to strengthen relations with the corporate community. Identify and pursue sources of corporate funding. Look for and capitalize on opportunities for additional corporate support such as construction gifts in kind, ReStore procurement, and home preservation funding.
- Foundation Relations – Oversee and coordinate grant writing efforts. Monitor current grants and ensure that proposals and reports are submitted according to all guidelines and deadlines.
- CCTCP – Work with CEO to identify prospective corporations for the CCTCP program. Cultivate and solicit qualified prospects and coordinate any documentation necessary. Conduct appropriate stewardship and recognition activities for CCTCP participants.
- Planned Giving – Create a plan to identify and cultivate planned giving prospects. With Marketing Director, create a marketing plan for promotion of planned giving options. Coordinate with CEO and Board to cultivate prospective planned giving donors.
- Special Events – Oversee and coordinate fundraising special events that support the organization’s strategic goals.
- Work with Marketing Director to insure MCHFH’s visibility and promote the organization’s positive contributions and impact in the community; provide input into the creation of fundraising materials, content and tools for fundraising such as brochures, campaign materials, annual reports, social media etc.
- Manage the donor database system to track current and prospective donors; prepare or oversee the preparation of acknowledgment materials to send to donors. Provide development reports to the CEO and the Board to assist the organization in using data to enhance its fundraising activities and to facilitate the successful achievement of the affiliate’s financial goals.
- Serve as a spokesperson for the affiliate along with the CEO, Marketing Director and Board members. Make public presentations to business, civic, community, and religious groups and volunteer organizations to share the affiliate’s mission and solicit donations.
EXPERIENCE AND BACKGROUND
Bachelor or Master degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business, non-profit management or equivalent education and experience; minimum of 5 years of demonstrated success in a non- profit developing, managing, and implementing a variety of fundraising strategies.
BENEFITS OFFERED and SALARY COMMENSURATE with EXPERIENCE
Please submit a resume, cover letter with salary desired to email@example.com